If you’re desperate for strategies to save money on your prescription medications, your search stops here.
Many small business owners and entrepreneurs don’t have health insurance. Healthcare costs are high, so even a simple doctor’s visit can drain your wallet.
For example, Lipitor is a medication used to lower cholesterol. For ninety tablets, Lipitor generally costs $400 to $500.
Ambien is used as a sleep aid. For thirty tablets, Ambien costs around $200.
Many of us simply can’t afford these.
But there are some ways to cut healthcare costs, beginning with prescription medications.
Clark Howard suggests a few resources that can help you meet your prescription needs for less.
Here are a few of those ideas.
1. Publix.com – Offers a fourteen-day supply of certain antibiotics for free
2. Walmart.com – Offers a thirty-day supply of certain generic drugs for $4 or a ninety-day supply for $10
3. Target.com – Offers a thirty-day supply of certain generic drugs for $4 or a ninety-day supply for $10
4. Kmart.com – Offers a three-month supply of certain generic drugs for $15
5. Pparx.org (Partnership for Prescription Assistance) – Offers prescription assistance; visit the website to find the program specific to your state
6. Isaverx.net – Offers prescription help for Illinois residents
7. Drugsavings.wi.gov – Provides Wisconsin’s approved list of Canadian pharmacies
8. Minnesotarxconnect.com – Provides Minnesota’s approved list of Canadian pharmacies
9. Rxaminer – Provides a list of alternative generic or less expensive brands when you enter all of your current prescriptions; $10 fee required
10. The Medicine Program – Offers a prescription discount program to families without health insurance whose incomes range from below the national poverty level to $60,000; for more information, call 573-996-7300 or visit Phrma.org
11. Samsclub.com – Offers health insurance and pharmacy discounts for members
Look into these resources and see if they fit your prescription needs.
There are ways to save on prescription medications and your other healthcare needs. You just need to know where to look.
</p> <div class="statcounter"><a title="free hit counter" href="http://www.statcounter.com/free_hit_counter.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><img class="statcounter" src="//c.statcounter.com/4038921/0/e11dab69/1/" alt="free hit counter" ></a></div> <p>
<br /> <a href="http://www.quantcast.com/p-cbA75dWn-RKEM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><img src="//pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-cbA75dWn-RKEM.gif" style="display: none;" border="0" height="1" width="1" alt="Quantcast"/></a><br />